Name: Emily Van Cauter
Date of Birth: 21/11/1991
Current Location: Belgium
I started doing nail art roughly over a year ago. I studied art at school but since I was forced to draw so much I started to dislike it a lot, what I once loved so dearly became something I loathed. I had always loved nail polish from a young age and when I started my blog writing about make-up and beauty I came across nail art. It instantly jumped out at me and I was hooked!
- Camera: Canon EOS 400D, it’s been my close friend for over four years and it’s served me very well. An upgrade would be nice though - 5D mark II perhaps? *swoon*
- Lens: Most of the pictures on this blog are taken with a Sigma 17-70mm f:2.8-4.5 lens. It’s awesome because of the decent price and because I love me some wide angle. Yup!
- Setting: Most product images are shot with the internal flash inside a DIY lightbox.
- Food: Anything Greek - feta cheese is my weakness - or Asian. I love a nice “smoske” (Dutch for sandwich/sub) and our home made pizza.
- Drinks: I’m a diet coke kind-of-girl. Fruit juice is my frenemy. I love Capri-Sun, Ginger Ale and plain ol’ orange juice. And Nesquik for breakfast!
- Movies: Harry Potter when I’m feeling down. Gentlemen Broncos, Scott Pilgrim and The Fifth Element when I’m feeling awesome. A Clockwork Orange and The History Boys when I’m feeling deep.
- Series: Doctor Who, Misfits, Sherlock, Lie To Me, The Mighty Boosh, Eureka, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Hustle, Hotel Babylon, …
- Music: Foals, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Justice, Late Of The Pier, Franz Ferdinand, The Hoosiers, Orchid, The Death Of Anna Karina, Milburn, Nouvelle Vague, Raein, The Sunshine Underground, …
- Song: Everything Everything - MY KZ YR BF
- Games: World Of Warcraft, Sims Medieval, Left For Dead 2, Anything Harry Potter, The Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Puerto Rico, …
- Country: The United Kingdom! I visit every year but I’m hoping one day I will be able to move there. I feel a lot more at home there than I do in Belgium.